29 November 2007

ANOTHER OPENING OF ANOTHER SHOW

Tonight is the big night for Juana.

For the past few weeks, I've been taking the metro around town. Transmission problems. Last night was the first time it really occurred to me: My show is opening two blocks away from the Pantages and Wicked.

Last night's run was fantastic. I had notes, but they were all super picky. Minor stuff. The technical glitches were minor. Most importantly, I found myself really enjoying the show.

That probably sounds horrible. But what I mean is I was able to be an audience member most of the time, instead of the director. My performers are doing an amazing job. The design elements are in place. My work is done.

All we need is an audience.

(Below are pictures from the first act of the show, taken by Lou Briggs.)








No comments: