03 January 2006

TUESDAY'S ARTISTS I LOVE - Chris Meeks

Chris Meeks, graphic designer.

(I wish he had more of a portfolio online!)

I know Chris Meeks through my wife, although we ran in the same broad circles when I was in high school in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Back then he mostly drew black-and-white, one-off comics for local zines and the local community college paper. He has a viciously whimsical style, and he has influenced my own 2D artwork more than anyone else.

To the left is a Photoshop painting he created.

Update, 4/21/17: You can check out more Chris Meeks at DeviantArt and Behance!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris did the artwork on a comic book I wrote called Bloodtide. I've lost touch with him. Can you give me some contact info? Michael Vance

Andrew Moore said...

E-mail me off the comments page, and I'll see what I can do:

andrewmoore_AThotmail.com

(replace "AT" with "@")

-- Andrew