02 May 2008

FTW!*
* for the win

Last night, Theatre Unleashed made its debut. Corny jokes were told. Pretty dancing girls danced. Baby food was consumed.

We met and exceeded our fundraising target for the evening! Our venue was sold out. Most importantly, a group of creative individuals came together as a group, and our patchwork quilt of an evening unfolded seamlessly. Last night heard the final ting of the hammer on this thing we started forging back in January. There is no doubt about it; we are a group. So forgive me if I beat my chest, smile ear-to-ear, and call last night a smashing success. My pride is not for myself alone, but for something far larger than me. Something of which I am proud to be a part.

Pictures were taken, video was recorded. As these digital reminders of last night become available, I will be certain to post them here (and at my other blog, www.madtheatrics.blogspot.com).

Ladies and gents, I'm having the time of my life!

(BTW - the happy looking fellow at the top pf this entry is a puppet version of Spike, our company mascot. He too made his debut last night.)

No comments: