09 October 2008

Things I See ...

You know, I really hate Uggs. I cannot fathom a circumstance under which they would look attractive on a woman's feet. Honestly. Ladies, they may feel like a warm hug for your tootsies but they look like mukluks. And whoever first started the miniskirt/Ugg look should be shot. Taken out to an empty field and shot.

Crocs likewise draw my ire. I never imagined I'd see in my lifetime a look worse than Birkenstocks with white socks. Boy, was I wrong! An obnoxious texture and assortment of colors, coupled with holes and a strap thingy (does it go around your heel?) -- what's not to hate? Plastic clog sandals. I mean, c'mon!

And then I see this:


The perfect combination of suck. What do we call these bastards of footwear? Crogs or Ucks? Folks, this is proof positive that to wrongs do NOT make a right.

(For the record, I'm leaning towards wedges. Classic, simple, and just enough heel to lengthen the leg. But I must admit a newfound appreciation for spectator pumps.)

You can tell that Halloween is drawing close when you start seeing this around town:


Oh yes, the old "appendage sticking out of the trunk" gag. Halloween is the perfect time of year to be a mobster. Imagine being able to carry around dead bodies in your trunk with impunity ... even going so far as to let an arm or leg hang out!

If you see this around your hometown, snap a picture and drop me a line. If I get any response on this, I'll start a photo pool, and we'll collect these pictures from around the world!

Lastly, we did a Pin-Up Girls photoshoot on Saturday. The idea is to have pin-up cards available for our audience. The ever amazing Chris Beyond took the pictures, and I thought I'd share one with you:


This is for my cast. Aloha.